Tsygankov Aleksey Igorevich, Postgraduate student, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
Background. The research object is a resistive element of a wire potentiometer. The aim of the work is to determine functional characteristics of the resistive element, followed by simulation of its rejection under the influence of various factors.
Materials and methods. The study was conducted using a specially developed technique for scanning electron microscopes, followed by treatment of the resulting image in the "Compass-3D». Next, using the program "Compass-3D», the author simulated the influence of eccentricity of the axis on potentiometer’s functional characteristics.
Results. The author has developed the technique of controlling the functional characteristics of the resistive element (potentiometer) by scanning electron microscopy with the program "Compass-3D».
Conclusions. Introduction of an intermediate step of potentiometer’s resistive element control into the technological process according to the proposed method will allow to discard resistive elements with functional characteristics inconsistent with technical requirements at the initial stage, to reduce the percentage of defective items, to check the build quality of potentiometers and to reduce production costs.
potentiometer, functional characteristics, resistive element, technique, scanning electron microscopy
1. Meshcheryakov V. F., Nedorezov V. G., Smycheino M. G. Elektronnaya promyshlennost' [Electronic industry]. 1985, iss. 8 (146), pp. 67–68.
2. Nedorezov V. G., Kaminskaya T. P., Podshibyakin S. V., Ankirskaya M. B. Elektronnaya tekhnika. Ser. 5 «Radiodetali i radiokomponenty» [Electronic engineering. Series 5: “Radio parts and components”]. 1988, iss. 1 (70), pp. 20–22.
3. Kaminskaya T. P., Ivanov G. M., Nedorezov V. G. Elektronnaya tekhnika. Ser. 5 «Radiodetali i radiokomponenty» [Electronic engineering. Series 5:“Radio parts and components”].1990, iss.4 (81),pp.11–15.
4. Belevtsev A. T. Potentsiometry [Potentiometry]. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1969, 327 p.
5. OST V 25 21–86. Potentsiometry pretsizionnye provolochnye. Obshchie tekhnicheskie usloviya [Precise wire potentiometers. General technical conditions]. Moscow, 1986.
6. Nedorezov V. G., Tsygankov A. I., Dorosinskiy A. Yu. Elektronnye komponenty [Electronic components]. 2015, no. 2.